Our Sprout Tiny Home builders have learned a thing or two about building tiny homes. We’d like to share some of our tiny home lessons learned:
- We build with Structural Insulated Panels (SIPs) which makes the process go much smoother and faster than traditional 2×4 stick construction.
- It takes teamwork to get the pre-made panels into place and installed properly.
- If you work together well, you can construct a 175 sq ft tiny home shell in about a day and a half, including attaching the structure to a trailer.
- Installing windows, doors, and metal roofing takes another day, plus a few hours.
- In three days or less, you have a complete tiny home structure – essentially a blank canvas ready to take on your creativity!
- Sprout Tiny Homes can put together a kit for you to build yourself! For more information, click on SPROUTPAK – DIY kit at http://sprouttinyhomes.com